Lemon water is a refreshing and toning drink. It turns out that this is not the end of its usefulness. Lemon water can be used to treat diseases, strengthen immunity, lose weight and more. Its action, preparation, use and possible damage from such a drink is described below.
Lemon contains many useful and nutritious components:
- Vitamins A, B1, B2, E, D, P and C;
- Iron, sulfur, magnesium, cobalt, sodium, phosphorus, manganese;
- organic acids, particularly citric acid, which gives the drink an acidic taste;
Thanks to all these components, water with lemon acquires healing properties and has the following effect on the body:
- Increases the production of liver enzymes, resulting in detoxification of the liver (liver purification);
- Has a positive effect on digestion. Organic acids included in its composition contribute to this: it eliminates bloating, belching, normalizes stools;
- Helps with infectious and colds respiratory diseases, showing anti-inflammatory and immunostimulatory effects;
- Stimulates brain activity, eliminates depression and nervous tension;
- Reduces cholesterol levels in the blood, so it is a good preventive measure against atherosclerosis;
- Strengthens the bones and prevents the development of rickets;
- Reduces blood sugar levels;
- Heals blood vessels, cleans the blood;
- Reduces pressure in case of hypertension;
- Dilutes uric acid, eliminating pain in the muscles and joints, including gout;
- Improves metabolism, stimulates the production of gastric juice, breaks down fats, helping to remove excess weight;
- Slows down the growth of oncological formations;
- It has a beneficial effect on hair and skin (whitens the face, fights wrinkles and acne, etc.). Water with lemon has a positive effect on the whole body
Benefits for pregnant women
If the mother-to-be has no contraindications, the drink will only benefit her and the baby:
- The woman will be reliably protected from colds and infectious diseases. Her immunity will be significantly strengthened.
- Vitamin C, potassium and magnesium will help to form bone tissue, nervous system and brain of the child.
- Lemon water will prevent the development of some fetal pathologies.
- The drink will relieve nausea in case of toxicosis and facilitate the general condition of the woman.
- Pregnant women’s stools are normalized (their disorder is often a problem waiting for the baby to appear).
Application features for solving various problems:
How to drink to treat and prevent disease?
Specialists recommend using warm water with lemon (not hotter than 35-40 °C). You will need half a citrus to squeeze the juice out of. You will get about 2 tbsp of raw materials. This amount should be diluted in 200 ml of water. After that the drink can be drunk. Prepare the product is due immediately before use.
Daily intake of water with lemon for many becomes a way of life. According to these people, they have long forgotten what a cold is. Therefore, lemon water can be used throughout life. The main thing is not to overdo it with the concentration of the drink and its dose.
For preventive purposes, you should drink lemon water on an empty stomach.
In order to restore the normal balance in the blood and eliminate fatigue, athletes are advised to drink the drink during training sessions. It should be taken in small sips every 10-15 minutes. As a result, fat burning will be accelerated and energy will increase.