Today it’s about the liver. Although the liver is the main organ of purification of our precious body from various chemicals and other wastes of our production, but it is also necessary to clean the liver itself, thus maintaining its health.
It is on this action that most of the principles of detox are based – helping the liver by reducing the load on it. And that’s why there are such pleasant side effects as reduction of pigmentation and restoration of hormonal balance (because the liver, among other functions, also removes the extra oestrogen from the body – if, of course, it remains at this time).
I would not exaggerate if I said that the liver is one of our most important organs. It filters out and purifies about 500 (!) liters of blood every day! Our health depends entirely on the health of the liver, and if it is overloaded and does not function optimally, it affects our health and even our mood.
The liver is the main organ of detoxification, and this, in my opinion, everything is said. In general, let’s get down to business. I still have an unfinished suitcase, and tomorrow I will be back in the office again – so today I’m going to be brief.
How can you clean the liver and thus maintain its health?
Choose one unloaded day per week on which you will optimally take care of your liver health
What to do on this day? Drink vegetable juices with bitter herbs. The volume is unlimited. It’s better to leave food on this day, but you can drink unlimited amount of juice. Just please don’t forget about the simple water. You will also need it on this day. What kind of juices should I make?
For example, here are a few juice recipes to cleanse your liver (all the ingredients are passed through the juicer.
Juice option to cleanse the liver:
- 2 medium cucumbers (approx. 15-20 cm each)
- 1 big bunch of parsley
- 2 celery stems
- 1 large bundle of coriander (or dill – which is more to your liking)
- 1/2 lemon juice
- 1 tbsp olive oil (added at the end)
Liver health juice option #2:
- 2 medium cucumbers (approx. 15-20 cm each)
- 1 apple
- 1 celery stem
- 2-3 cm ginger root
- 1 tbsp. of olive or linseed oil (added at the end)
Liver purification juice option #3:
- 1 large cucumber (20-35 cm)
- 1 pear
- 150 grams of broccoli
- lime juice 1
- 1 large bundle of mint
- 1 tbsp. of olive or linseed oil
Liver Cleaning Option #2: Spend 3-7 days in detox mode
What to do these days:
Exclude them from the diet:
- Red meat and chicken/other poultry
- all purchased finished products, including semi-finished products
- all dairy products
- all soybean products
- Cut the fruit to two a day (the size of a middle apple)
- black tea
- all carbonated drinks
- alcohol of all kinds
- all the vitamins in the supplements
Give it as much as you can
- green products (greenery and green vegetables)
- berries, especially blueberries
- all kinds of cabbage
- Bitter products – arugula, bitter radish, grapefruit
On days like this, don’t forget:
- drink at least two litres of water a day
- Sleep at least seven hours a day in total darkness (I highly recommend investing in a sleep mask)
- Be outside for at least 15 minutes a day (even better, 30 minutes a day, but many of us are very busy, so I suggest that any one of you can include in your schedule)
- Chew food for as long as possible. I liked the advice: visualize how with each chewing on your account falls on the rouble (euro) – funny, but why not try it!
- Less stress – if it is possible, of course
- Proteins should be left in the morning and for lunch, and vegetables and cereals should be preferred in the evening
- Give preference, if possible, to bio-products. They do not burden the liver additionally, because there is almost no chemistry in them, which it will have to remove and purify your body.
- less makeup these days is just minimal care. I understand that someone at home won’t stick their nose out without a full parade and unpainted nails, but try to minimize the use of beauty products these days. By the way, if you, like me, are over 35, the smaller the cosmetics, the younger we look 🙂
- You can go to the sauna or after a shower to give yourself a massage with a stiff brush or sponge – so we activate the removal of toxins through the skin, unloading the liver
- Try a soothing meditation before you go to sleep. I love this “Health” meditation from my beloved healer
Prevention is the best way to keep your liver healthy
This means that for the rest of your life it is better to do as many of the tips as possible, which are in the previous paragraph. Everything is so simple! After all, what we do every day is more important than what we do only periodically.
If you compare with cosmetology, you will have a greater effect from the daily simple care of all the rules with the use of inexpensive cosmetics than from one-time visits once a quarter for 3 hours to an expensive cosmetologist with the use of heavy artillery. Also with liver health.
Therefore, it is better to constantly adhere to the basic recommendations than to suffer a week on juices in your hope to restore the health of the liver. Therefore… Less alcohol, coffee and ready meals. Less vegetables, greens and especially bitter food. You can also start at least 3 days a week with green smoothies.
Here are a couple of my favorite recipes for normal liver function: Parsley smoothies for health and liver purification (a portion for breakfast plus one snack)